DISCLAIMER

I do not publish comments that are left anonymously. I expect people to take responsibility for what they say.

If you comment anonymously, I won't even read it. All comments are sent to my email address prior to publication. When I see that a comment was left by "ANONYMOUS", I delete it without opening it. If you don't care enough to take responsibility for what you say, then I don't care enough to know what it is you've said.

What is always welcome is open discussion in a spirit of mutual respect.

Share It If You Like It

If you read something you like, feel free to share it on fb or twitter or email the link. It helps to spread the word! Thanks.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Some Thoughts on Beauty to Start With

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. Anne Frank

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. Henry Miller

The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason. John Cage

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. R. Buckminster Fuller

The ability to see beauty is the beginning of our moral sensibility. What we believe is beautiful we will not wantonly destroy. Reverend Sean Parker Dennison

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves. Salma Hayek

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases, it will never pass into nothingness. John Keats

And my personal favorite:

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:58 AM

    Thanks for your beautiful quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:10 AM

    the quotes are beautiful and thank you for them. they will make alot of people feel very good. you're back on dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    OK - I am laughing and learning and looking up more quotes and spending too much time on the computer again!! Thank you for that!! AND Welcome back!!!
    0+

    ReplyDelete