DISCLAIMER

I do not publish comments that are left anonymously. I expect people to take responsibility for what they say.

If you comment anonymously, I won't even read it. All comments are sent to my email address prior to publication. When I see that a comment was left by "ANONYMOUS", I delete it without opening it. If you don't care enough to take responsibility for what you say, then I don't care enough to know what it is you've said.

What is always welcome is open discussion in a spirit of mutual respect.

Share It If You Like It

If you read something you like, feel free to share it on fb or twitter or email the link. It helps to spread the word! Thanks.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Flummadiddle For Your Friday

Famous last words:

“Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.” Oscar Wilde, d. November 30, 1900
______________________________________

An old superstition: If you want to keep an unpleasant guest from returning, sweep out the room in which the guest stayed immediately after they leave.

I’ve personally found that following them with the broom, sweeping wherever they happen to walk while they're still there is much more effective.
_____________________________________

Did you know that Attila the Hun died of a nosebleed on his wedding night?
_____________________________________

Speaking of which, with the world series getting underway (Go Cards!!!), there has only been one baseball player ever killed in the course of a game. In 1920, Raymond Johnson Chapman who played for the Cleveland Indians was hit in the head by a wild pitch. He was immediately taken to a hospital where he died one day later.
_____________________________________

Did you hear about the invisible man who married the invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.
_____________________________________

Top 10 Things That Sound Dirty in Golf But Aren’t

10. Nuts, my shaft is bent.
9. After 18 holes I can barely walk.
8. You really whacked the heck out of that sucker.
7. Look at the size of his driver.
6. Keep your head down and spread your legs a bit more.
5. Mind if I join your threesome?
4. Stand with your back turned and drop it.
3. My hands are so sweaty I can’t get a good grip.
2. Nice stroke, but your follow through has a lot to be desired.
1. Hold up…I need to wash my balls first.
______________________________________

And finally, here’s my tip for the day:

If every morning when you wake up, the first thing you do is eat one live toad, then nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.

I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    Finally fantastic funny Flumadiddle for our Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I think the toad thing is definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete